Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hebgen Lake

At the end of August we went to Hebgen Lake with the Hurst's.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  I love that place.  It was cold and a little rainy but we had so fun times driving through the park and just hanging out together.

The night before we went we made cookies to take.   Tanner is always my best cookie maker helper (daddy helped too). 





Every morning it seemed Tanner and Brigham were the first ones up so we'd get them some cereal and they'd watch a show on the laptop (with their blankets of course).



We had so much fun playing outside!!  The lake is beautiful and we got to take the boat out mostly to take Mike (my brother) out fishing.

Brigham showing me his cool rock!


Sarah and Eliza




We went into the park one day and watched Old Faithful go off.  It was cold so you could hardly see it because of the steam but it was still neat as always.
Mike (brother), Seve, Ariena, my Dad, Tanner, Me, my Mom


The beautiful lake one foggy morning.  There was ice on the dock...it was COLD!


On Sunday we had quite the day.  My parents, Sarah and Dave and their kids, and Tanner and I decided to go to sacrament meeting (which was great).  When we got out of the meeting Sarah and Dave had a flat tire so my dad went to find a gas station with something to temorarily fix the tire.  I decided to go back to the cabin with Tanner.  Just before we were out of the parking lot he started crying the saddest "hurt" cry so I stopped to see what was the matter.  He was pulling at his shoe so I took it off and there was a big lump under his sock!  My first thought was that a spider was in his sock biting him so I took his sock off quick and the lump was his toe (next to his big toe) totally bent backwards.  I turned around and told Sarah Tanner's toe was broken and I didn't know what to do.  She hopped in the car with me to go find a clinic.  We passed my parents and my mom and Sarah switched places.  Tanner was still crying a little at this point and didn't want anyone to touch his toe but it was looking a little better.  The clinic in town wasn't open on Sunday so we decided to go back to the cabin and decide if we needed to drive 50 miles to the hospital.  By the time we got back to the cabin Tanner was asleep and his toe looked pretty normal again (it was swollen and purple).  After that we had no problems with it...WEIRD!!  Just a dislocated toe for a minute I guess...
Meanwhile Sarah and Dave found a guy in the ward we went to that had an air compresser.  They filled their tire enough to get it home and had bought a tire repair kit for the time being... 
We were able to relax the rest of the day and just play.



Grandma and Ari.
Ari didn't like being dirty at all.  She was very concerned about the dirt.


Tanner of course loved it.

Going on a boat ride!



We just saw these baby bears sleeping on the side of the road... okay maybe we went to bear world on the way home.

Tanner loved feeding the animals.  A deer, however, must have thought he looked appetizing because he game right up and bit his ear!  Poor kid!

This goat was so funny!  He knew where the food was coming from.

Tanner feeding the goat.
Us at bear world.



WE HAD A BLAST AT HEBGEN LAKE!!!  Thanks Sarah and Dave!!

1 comment:

Shaun and Emily said...

I love the pictures. Looks like a blast!