Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Evaluations!

So today was the end of the trimester at South Cache where I student teach. I gave my students evaluations of me to see how they think I am doing as their student teacher. I got some really good feedback from most of the students. Many told me that I'm loud (which is what I've been told by my sisters/brother my whole life) and a lot told me that I nee to me meaner and that I should start "dishin' out lunch detension". Both good suggestions. But my reason for this post is that I think 8th graders are just hillarious. They make me laugh so hard! Here is my favorite response from the evalutations:

When asked what three things I could do to make class more interesting one student responded:
-"Don't teach math"
-"Light stuff on fire"
-"Have a monkey sidekick"


So there you have it. The formula to be a successful math teacher is that I should not teach math, become a pyromaniac, and train a chimp to work along side me. That's all you need to impress 8th graders!

4 comments:

Jess Perry said...

Man tough crowd...I hope that all is going well. I bet you are such a fun teacher...even if it is math. I had one of the greatest math teachers ever in jr. high and changed my thinking on math in general.

Lauren Perry said...

I would like you to teach me! You are so sweet! (I hate math though-lol)
Hey- we are going private on our blog now :) I need your email addy so that I can add you to my list! email me at wattybutt@hotmail.com (I am going to be deleting this email addy this week- so do it soon!)

Maria said...

Hey Stace, what's up? I linked over here from Lisa's new blog. I love blogs. For me, it's such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family...much better than the annual Christmas card tradition. Anyway, nice evals...kids really are funny! You're brave teaching 8th graders though. That'd be a tough one for me, but you're perfect for the job.

Lisa said...

Hi Stace,

Can't wait for you and Mike to come down so I can hear your "loud" voice! I think your 8th graders really are funny to tell you to light things on fire and have a monkey sidekick. That got me laughing just picturing it!