Okay...maybe it's just me or maybe I have a legit reason, but I am the biggest worrier ever! I am starting my student teaching on Monday and I am so nervous. To make matters more nerve racking, Mike and I are going with Kim and Pat, and Angie and Rob to Hawaii in 4 weeks (so exciting!!) and I am so nervous about leaving in the middle of student teaching. I've talked to my supervisor and my cooperating teachers and they said that it will be okay, but today I ran across the following warning in my student teaching packet:
"Absences ar NOT permitted during the student teaching experience except for extenuating circumstances (illness, death in the immediate family)...If absences accrue beyond three consecutive days, the Office of Field Experiences must be notified. The student teacher may be required to make-up the time missed during student teaching."
Oh great! What does that mean? How do I make up student teaching days? I could tell them that my great aunt that lives in Hawaii is deathly ill. And of course I am coming up with the worst scenarios like that they won't let me graduate or that the department of Secondary Education is going to send me hate mail from now until forever beacause I left for 6 days during student teaching. So hopefully they don't take a picture of me without my college degree (becuase they won't let me graduate) and hang it up on the board as a warning to all student teachers not to miss any school ever!
So...hopefully everything will be okay and I can actually enjoy my vacation. Thanks for letting me vent.
5 comments:
Oh I am sorry. I hate worrying over stuff like that. But I don't think you should worry about the student teaching...you will be so awesome and the kids will just love you and love learning from you. As for everything else, I am sure it will all work out.
Good luck and enjoy Hawaii!!
I'm sorry Stacie. You will be a great teacher no worries there, and as for the scary "Absences not permitted..." talk to who ever is over you and explain the situation of needing a vacation...:) jk. I'll bet they will work with you though. Have fun in Hawaii, what part? Byron and lynda are leaving sunday to Maui, maybe you will see them. Have fun!!!! Best place ever!
Stacie-I hope student teaching has been going well for you--I'm sure you are doing a great job! It sounds like you've gotten everything cleared through your supervisor and teachers so try not to worry! Just enjoy Hawaii--I absolutely loved Maui and I know you will too!
Hi Stacie & Mike-
This is Jenn Kunzler (Hansen), your cousin. Don't worry too much about the student teaching. I am sure you are doing great. Enjoy your vacation. It is good to hear how things are going for you guys. Check out our blog if you'd like. Keep in touch.
Jenn
Stacie,
You're so funny. I would be a little worried to if I came across that comment. As far as it sound like they've given you total permission. I would run for Hawaii and not look back. This might be a once in a lifetime experience. Go for it as long as you don't hear any negative feedback. You'll Have So Much Fun!
Post a Comment