It has been freezing cold in Logan these past couple of days. Yesterday I was driving to school and the thermometer said a chilly -13 degrees only to warm up to a toasty warm 7 degrees later on that day. Wow! All I can say is I'm glad I don't have to walk around on campus this semester. Anyway, here is a story about my dear sweet husband and Logan's cold mornings:
Mike couldn't find his car keys yesterday (the same yesterday that was -13 degrees in the morning). I had already left for Hyrum and couldn't give him a ride. He looked outside and decided that it was sunny and looked like a nice day. He then proceeded to get on his bike and ride his bike to work! He admitted that after a few minutes of riding he realized it was a bad idea... To make matters worse, we had gone sledding at Angie's house and all our gloves and hats were in my car. All he had on to keep him warm was his coat. Needless to say, his ears were red the whole day from minor frost bite. When he told me this story later on that evening I thought he was absolutely nuts. I mean, seriously! Who rides there bike when it's -13 outside?
4 comments:
That is a sad story. :) I am starting to really get sick of this snow and cold, and I even got to ditch it for a week. You're heading to Hawaii pretty soon aren't you? At least you have that to look forward to!
Mike--we're laughing our guts at you. And what do you think all the people who passed you in their nice warm cars were thinking! What a nerd!
That is funny. I would've had to be so bundled I don't know if I could've peddled the bike. You go Mike. I know what you are saying though...it has been quite cold. I am always ready for the cold to go away after the holiday's but it always seems to drag on another 2 or so months.
Why would you ever even consider riding your bike in the winter in Logan? Hello? That's why we love ya Mike, you keep us all laughing!
Post a Comment