Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

I wanted to post about President Hinckley and say how much I love him. I will miss him dearly as our prophet. He was such a great man. One of the things I loved about him is how much he loved his sweet wife. He always talked about her with such respect and deep love. What a great example of how we should treat each other in our own marriages. As I think back, here is my most memorable experience having to do with President Hinckley (from my journal in high school):

December 11, 2003
Today was such an awesome opportunity. We (the Chamber Choir) got to go to Salt Lake City and sing at the Church Administration Building. We were singing and having a great time when Mr. Wood said to sing "Lullaby". While we were singing President Gordon B. Hinckley walked into the room. You can feel it in your heart that he is a prophet of God right when he walked in. He listened to us sing and then he said, "Thank you so much for waking up so early and coming to sing for us...You're in tune!" and then he said, "Merry Christmas". I felt the spirit so strong just being in the pressence of a prophet. I felt like singing the whole day "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet". That was the most Christmasy feeling I have ever felt.

I will always remember this experience and this great man.

6 comments:

Jen said...

awesome experience. He was an amazing man and prophet of God..Luke

Shaun and Emily said...

Neat Experience Stacie. I had forgotten that happened. I was pondering his life today as I listened to the funeral service. I remember him giving the address to the youth on the "B's" when I was in highschool. I also remember the spirit testifying each time he spoke in conference that he was a prophet of God. A truly remarkable man indeed.

Lori said...

That's neat Stacie. We will all miss him huh.

Jen said...

What a neat experience--thanks for sharing. He was a such a wonderful man.

Jess Perry said...

What a great post Stacie. He will be greatly missed, but so remembered! He was such a great inspiration to so many and I know he will continue to be!!

Maria said...

What an awesome memory. How great to have it written down to look back on. I love stuff like that.