Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th!

I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July...the fireworks and the barbeques and just the patriotic "I'm glad to be an American" feeling.
This weekend we went up to Bear Lake with the Hansen's. We had a blast playing in the water and with all the kids.










Then we headed to Star Valley and it was BEAUTIFUL!! We went on a bike ride (filled with adventure because Jenny got a flat tire half way through), watched movies, read books, and just hung out!!




Then I got to come home to our fun house... I planted a garden this summer and I'm loving it. We even have zuchinni, pumpkins, and tomatoes that are growing like mad! I love to garden and it makes our house seem more like a house...if that makes any sense.






AND I also got a hair cut (thanks Ems)!! I am loving it! It is so summery and fun!



All in all, I had a great 4th and I truly am so grateful to live in this beautiful free country.

7 comments:

Shaun and Emily said...

Yay! A new post! I love the first picture. "Uncle Mike" is so great to let all the kids try out the hamick with him. Alexis won't even let me try it out with her-only mike can. Bike riding looked like a blast! Happy 4th!!

Kacey said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! And your new haircut looks fabulous on you...I love it!

Ben and Jenn said...

What a fun weekend. I love planting flowers too. Your hair looks great!

Jannene said...

Your so good at blogging. I love your new haircut. Aren't you glad you can choose it? (joke from my blog). Happy 4th!!

Jen said...

I love your garden! I need to do something like that on my patio next year.
We had a blast hanging out with you guys at Bear Lake and the cabin. I got my bike tire fixed so we'll have to plan another biking adventure!

Melissa said...

Your hair is so cute! I'm jealous!

Maria said...

Very cute hair! I love it! And it looks like you had a great time over the 4th. I love the holiday too! And I LOVE gardening. I didn't think I would because I totally kill all my indoor plants, but there's something about a garden outside that is so appealing to me. Yeah to summer.