So yesterday was my birthday and instead of just the plain old cake, I thought I would try my hand at decorating with fondant! I have never done any cake decorating before but have always wanted to (I think I have all this creative energy pent up and I have to let it out in random ways...and this was one of the them). So here is my first attempt at cake decorating. It was fun to try and I'll probably be decorating more cakes in the future because I really enjoyed it!
12 comments:
Oh my goodness...that is the cutest cake! Was it hard working with the fondant? I've seen so much cute stuff you can do with that stuff but have never tried it. (you should check out www.bakerella.blogspot.com ...she has lots of really cute fondant ideas)
Happy late Birthday! Your cake is awesome! You'll have to give me a lesson when I move to Provo. I think the combined efforts of sisters could yeild incredible results in cakes, home decor, etc!
I'm impressed! Happy late birthday by the way. We missed you guys at my parents, but hope you had fun with your mom on mothers day!
What a cute cake!! I am impressed. I would love to learn how to make cakes with fondant. Happy LATE birthday.
That is so cute!! Nicole and I took cake decorating classes at the Joann's in Ogden, and it was so fun! You totally need to do it before you have babies, you will be so glad you did. I did the first 2, and then Nicole did 3, the last one was fondant. I am going to go back and finish sometime, I was too sick pregnant.
And CONGRATULATIONS on graduating! I know how good that feels and I am so happy for you! What a relief, great job!
oh and the bookshelf... KILLER! Great job MIke! My brother n law did the same thing, with a beadboard twin bed. It is ADORABLE! So tell him he can do that for you too ;)
Darling Cake, Love the bookshelf, and Yay for being done with school. What fun stuff you've had going on.
How fun! I miss that about my second family, the Hurst's. There was always some new project or experiment going on at your house and I got to experience many of them. Ah, the good old days. Super cute cake!
Stace,
HOw Fun! I heard you say you were going to try it. You have to show me how! I agree with lis, we all need to combine our sisterly efforts and creative energy. I can't wait to be closer this summer! Happy Birthday SIs!
Love Ems
WOW!! I'm impressed. Way cute cake..You guys have fun at the cabin this weekend. We'll miss seeing you...
awesome job!! And happy late birthday!!
Wow, the cake looks great! I'm very impressed. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment